Take steps to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and practice physical distancing.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands.
- Stay home as much as possible and if you need to leave the house practice physical distancing (approximately 2m).
Symptoms of COVID-19 can:
- Take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus.
- Be very mild or more serious.
- Vary from person to person.
If you have symptoms
- Isolate at home to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Avoid visits with older adults, or those with medical conditions. They are at higher risk of developing serious illness.
- Call ahead before you visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority.
- If your symptoms get worse, contact your health care provider or public health authority right away, and follow their instructions.
For more information on COVID-19, visit Canada.ca/coronavirus or contact 1-833-784-4397.
Download in PDF Format
- Download in العربية (Arabic)
- Download in বংলা (Bengali)
- Download in 中文 (简体) (Simplified Chinese)
- Download in 中文 (繁體) (Traditional Chinese)
- Download in فارسی (Farsi)
- Download in Deutsch (German)
- Download in English
- Download in Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Download in ગુજરાતી (Gujarati)
- Download in हिंदी (Hindi)
- Download in Italiano (Italian)
- Download in 한국어 (Korean)
- Download in Polski (Polish)
- Download in Português (Portuguese)
- Download in ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi)
- Download in Română (Romanian)
- Download in Русский (Russian)
- Download in Soomaali (Somali)
- Download in Español (Spanish)
- Download in Tagalog
- Download in தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Download in اُردُو (Urdu)
- Download in Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)