Summer Youth Program
The three major components of our program are academic tutoring, recreational/sports activities, and personal development sessions.
Enhance the quality of education of the youth.
Provide structural time to participants.
Build self-esteem, confidence, leadership skills, and behavioral management.
We manage to have an impact on more than 200 people living in our community. We strive to make our program both comprehensive and unique with many aspects that the children and youth could benefit from.
- We provide academic tutoring to enhance the quality of education of the youth and children to prevent losses in academic performance during the summer.
- In addition, we also provide recreational and sports activities tailored to their ages and needs. These recreational activities provide structural time to participants, help introduce them to the various recreational facilities and historical sites in the city.
- Our personal development sessions include building self-esteem, confidence, friendship, leadership skills, and behavioral management.
WHAT WE DID IN 2020?
- During 2020 we served 197 children and youth.
- Program was delivered by 16 staff and 5 volunteers.
- 45 children in the age group 6-10 years old and 50 youth aged 11-18 years old participated in 42 academic sessions on a rotational basis.
- 67 children participated in the sports and recreational activities.
- The summer program was delivered in accordance with health guidelines for Covid-19
WHAT WE DID IN 2019?
- During this summer program, we served approximately 200 participants.
- Our program was delivered by 31 staff and 29 volunteers.
- Our program ran from 9am to 7pm from Monday to Thursday and Saturdays.