ENGAGE, EDUCATE AND EMPOWER BLACK YOUTH
The Triple E program is a multifaceted program with three main pillars. These pillars are to Engage, Educate and Empower black youth while helping them overcome and understand their unique challenges on both the individual and community level.
We engage them by providing information and resources that enable youth to improve their capacity to live a fulfilling life. Program provides volunteering opportunities which increase their skill sets and expanded their horizons while helping them to come of their comfort zone.
We educate by helping them understand the risks associated with life choices and on how they can overcome difficulties. Through workshops we help them to learn new skills like resume writing, cover letters and mock interview sessions.
We empower by building their resilience and confidences to be successful. It is achieved by bringing in positive role models for them. One on one mentorship allows them to set goals and develop sense of accountability.
A big thank you to all our funders.
The Triple E Program has impact many black and disenfranchise youth in our local community. Our primary objective is to ensure that at-risk black youth have the opportunities and the encouragement they require to make informed choices in their lives. In addition, this program is designed to create a sense of belonging and community for the youth. These community connections and networks help the youth build important business and personal relationships which support them in successfully obtaining employment.
WHAT WE DO IN TRIPLE E PROGRAM?
- We provide guidance to many youths which are having trouble choosing meaningful careers.
- We connect them to various professional institutes such as the University of Winnipeg, University of Manitoba, and Red River College, which in turn provide them with concise and detailed information on a variety of career options suite to them.
Youth participants in the Triple E program show significant changes, as they participate in the program and lasting impacts. Staff observe significant increases in:
- Social connectivity
- Leadership skills
- Understanding, and recognition of their own talents, strengths, and passions.
- Every Triple E program participant attended is required to attend every workshop during the evening from 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm.
- And each participant is required to complete 30 hours of volunteering to organization of their choice.
- To provide food and transportation to mentees.